Who We ArePIER was formally established in November 2012. Membership is open to anyone who has undertaken a pharmacy degree (in Ireland or other countries) and is eligible to be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI). The aims of the Association are Educational, Professional, and Social are achieved by:
- Representing the interests of non-patient facing pharmacists working in academia, industry and regulatory to the PSI highlighting their positive contribution in the provision of healthcare and education;
- Representing the interests of those PIER members who retain their MPSI status to the Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP);
- Highlighting the important role of the profession of pharmacy within the wider industry;
- Developing an active network of pharmacists involved in academia, industry and regulatory in Ireland to share experiences, insights & learnings;
- Establishing links between PIER and like-minded organisations;
- Organising CPD events for members;
- Organising networking events allowing pharmacists working outside of the traditional patient facing roles opportunities to meet like minded pharmacists.
PIER is a voluntary organisation, supported by a committee elected from within the membership. Active membership currently stands at 230 members working in diverse roles across academia, industry & regulatory and includes student members (intern & post-graduate) interested in a career in the wider industry. The organisation is entirely self funding and relies on the annual membership fee (€100) from working members to fund activities.