Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Date: Friday 9th October
Venue: Lansdowne Room, Wilton Park House, Wilton Place, Dublin 2 (map link: https://goo.gl/maps/vg6mr)
Please contact Donna McCabe (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested in attending.
The Smart Futures programme has been developed to inspire the next generation of students into STEM careers! The associated workshop is an opportunity for volunteers to learn how to effectively communicate their career story to post-primary school students in a classroom setting. It provides the necessary tools to deliver a confident and engaging account of what a career in STEM entails and where it has led the volunteer personally.
What will be covered:
• An overview of school resources and the aim of Smart Futures
• Guidance on communicating with a teen audience – handling tricky questions!
• Best practice relating to child protection
• Overview of Smart Futures resources to help book/carry out your school visit
• Raise awareness of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) career paths
• Support and inspire young people in your local area – future proof the STEM graduate pipeline
• Develop your communication skills
• Improve awareness of your organisation in the community.