TCP Homecare are a leading provider of Homecare Services on a national scale. We currently have an exciting opportunity as we are seeking to employ a clinical pharmacist on a full time basis from July 2022 to January 2023 on a specified purpose contract.
We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic professionals who demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change to join our pharmacy team. This role provides the opportunity to gain experience in a quality environment, and to receive training in Good Distribution Practice (GDP), alongside unique pharmacy experience in orphan drugs, haemophilia, TPN and IV antibiotics. The role currently requires a Mon to Fri working pattern with lunch and no late nights, weekends or on call. You will be part of a professional, quality focused team, who continually strive to provide the highest clinical care to patients. Full training is provided.
40 hour week, Monday to Friday. Excellent support staff.
Key Qualifications & Competencies:
- Registered as a pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland
- Hard working, positive and enthusiastic
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong patient communication skills and experience
- The ability to work in a fast passed environment in a self-directive manner, while also being receptive to instruction
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, works well to deadlines for patients
- Attention to detail and a strict quality focus
- A good team player, with reliability and flexibility key requirements
- Good administration skills and computer skills, to include excel, word, and outlook
- Good communication and clinical skills with both patients and professional staff, excellent written and verbal English required
The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring pharmaceutical care for patients, in accordance with the standards of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland.
- Adherence to the guidelines, laws, code of conduct and policies of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland.
- Clinically review individual patient drug therapy for appropriateness to optimise drug therapy. Provide pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Provide counselling on medicines to patients. Ensure that any patient receiving a dispensed medical product is provided with sufficient information and advice to facilitate the safe use and handling of a product.
- Respond to medication related queries from both patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Be responsible for the accurate coordination and dispensing of pharmaceutical product and ancillary stock to patients, in collaboration with the logistics team. Contribute to quality-assured safety checking systems.
- Work within a temperature controlled environment (fridge unit) to dispense product at interval periods.
- Contribute to error management, near miss reporting, incident reporting, and associated corrective and preventative actions.
- Partake in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Attend pharmacist meetings and team meetings.
- Be responsible for adherence to GDP standards for wholesale supply of medicines. Support the RP in the maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Participate in clinical trials, in accordance with the standards of Good Clinical Practice. Responsibility for drug accountability and completion of dispensing logs and clinical trial documentation.
- Maintain professional competency and keep up to date with current developments in current area of practice.
- Collaborate with homecare and logistics departments; work with multidisciplinary teams within the Company such as nursing and quality departments.
See https://www.tcp.ie/careers if interested in applying.